Wednesday 18 February 2009

We must hate kids...

Yes, still in Zambia but haven't got time to do justice to what I've been learning and seeing by blogging about it now, not least because it's just turned midnight and I have to be up at 7am. The connection is much faster at this time of night, I've learned, but having spent the last hour going through my emails, I think it's almost time to call it a night.

Just wanted to congratulate David Aaronovitch on his piece in the Times yesterday. And to point out that I was saying the same thing last autumn with my Ten Minute Rule Bill on protecting children's privacy in the media. Good to see that other people feel the same way.

Since introducing the Bill (which ran out of parliamentary time as it was introduced just before the end of the last parliamentary session) I've written to Ofcom and DCMS but need to have a good long think now about how we can take this campaign forward. Maybe we could have a Jeremy Kyle Show special about it?!

No comments: