Sunday 18 May 2008

By-election in Bristol?

No, not me, I'm not intending to go anywhere just yet.

People in Bristol are losing patience with a certain councillor, who was re-elected in May 2006 but has not quite been giving her voters the hands-on attention they expect and deserve. In fact, she's now living in the USA. The Lib Dems had to fly her in for the last but one council meeting at their own expense as she'd otherwise have fallen foul of the rule that says that if a councillor fails to attend a meeting for six months, they'll be removed from office. Are they going to keep this up until 2010 when she's due for re-election?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe Shirley Marshall's term of office lasts until May 2011.

Kerry said...

Yes you're right. My mistake.

Kerry said...

In the interests of fairness I should say that this has been challenged - though not rebutted or exactly denied - by a fellow Lib Dem Councillor who emailed me a day or two ago. I've said I'm happy to retract the allegation if I'm told it's untrue. So far I've not been told that. In the meantime, I'll carry on asking the questions.