Wednesday 7 November 2007

Hassle!

Just arrived back in Bristol after a few days in Westminster, to discover that my broadband still isn't working. I've moved flat but kept the same number - pretty easier to swap it over, you'd think. But they said 'up to 15 days' and not to call before the time was up.

With a sense of impending doom I waited 15 days, secure in my conviction that with sheer grinding inevitability I would absolutely still not have broadband by the end of it. I was right. So I called again. They'd 'discovered a fault on the line' which would take '5 working days' to fix. I tried to believe them. But now, 5 working days later - yup, it's still not working

It took me more than 6 months to get broadband set up at my previous home, mainly because I couldn't face calling Orange and spending endless hours on hold more than once a month, for no useful purpose. So now I'm using my not particularly reliable 3G datacard, which is prone to crashing at any moment (I also received a mailing from Orange, as an MP, this week, boasting how they've improved their wireless service in the Bristol area - it's not apparent tonight!) I will call them tomorrow and try to be as polite as possible to the person on the other end of the phone as, after all, it's not their fault. But why can't they - the company - just once, get it right?

No comments: